It is very easy for Thanksgiving to become cliche.
Each November we spend time writing in a Thanksgiving journal or posting our thanks on social media. We pull out our fall decorations that remind us to give thanks.
We give thanks for family, friends, and all of the good things we have.
But this year I want to pray and give God thanks for 5 unusual things that will challenge me to have a more thankful heart.
I love Thanksgiving.
I’ll admit that I am a stickler for keeping Thanksgiving in November and Christmas in December, because I love the fact that we prepare our hearts for Christ’s advent by first cultivating it with giving thanks.
Every year I do a Thanksgiving challenge on Facebook where I daily give thanks for the little things — and sometimes the big.
Every year its the same though: my husband, my children, my home, my parents….
This year I want to get radical with my thanks!
I have sat down and listed 5 unusual and challenging prayers that I want to thank God for that will help me dig down deep and find that deeper area of gratitude in a way I’ve never felt.
- My salvation – Have I really stopped lately to remember what God saved me from?
- My trials – Can I really count it all joy?
- My pain – Do I really thank God even for the painful seasons of life and the lessons they teach?
- Me – Can I look in the mirror and truly thank God that He created me the way I am?
- Answered Prayers – Am I fully aware of all of the ways God is answering my prayers – even the ones I haven’t intentionally prayed?
These 5 prayers really caused me to look at my life in a whole new way. 2017 has been a year of trials and pain…and a lot of loss.
And yet, I knew that I needed to give God thanks…even for that, because He has wants to use even the painful times for His glory.
Lead the 5 Prayers for a Thankful Heart video-based Bible study with a group of ladies by purchasing this group license. If your group is under 10 ladies, contact me at [email protected] directly.
Hi, my name is Rosilind.
I am going on a 5-day journey to cultivating a more thankful heart; and I want to take you with me.
It’s easy to thank God for the good things we have.
Our children, our husbands, our beautiful homes and our great careers. It’s a lot harder to truly feel thankful for our trials, our losses, our pain, and the parts about ourselves that we really don’t like.
The parts of us we wish were invisible or that we could change — but can’t.
But a key part of spiritual maturity is learning to give thanks in all things.
In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:18
In this study, we will examine what Scripture has to say about each one and then pray together, giving thanks for these more challenging gifts that God has given us.
Here’s how you can join me on this 5-day journey.
By purchasing this 5 Prayers for a Thankful Heart you will you get the following:
1. Lifetime access to my 5-part video series 5 Prayers for a Thankful Heart
2. Daily worksheets to help you work through these 5 prayers
3. Access to a private Facebook group designed for this study.
4. My 30 Day Prayer Challenge for Thanksgiving to use throughout the month of November
I hope you’ll join me on this 5-day journey to cultivating a heart of deeper and more mature thanks…for everything. This is God’s will.
Click below to sign up today!