FREE Responsibility Unit Study – With Optional Lesson Plans
I hope you love the products and resources I recommend here at A Little R & R. Just so you know, it is possible that I get a commission and collect income from the links on this page. Click here for more info. I am not a doctor, none of the information on any of these pages pertaining to the Ketogenic Diet or Adrenal Fatigue should be considered medical advice and should not replace the care of your personal physician. I am simply eager to share the information I have learned while on my own journey to health. Before you embark on this journey, please consult with your physician.
I am not a doctor, none of the information on any of these pages pertaining to the Ketogenic Diet or Adrenal Fatigue should be considered medical advice and should not replace the care of your personal physician. I am simply eager to share the information I have learned while on my own journey to health. Before you embark on this journey, please consult with your physician.
I grew up learning about character qualities, and I feel that this emphasis on character really helped to shape me into the person I am today.
That is why I got together with my sister (a veteran homeschool mom) to put together a new series of studies on character.
I have to give credit where credit is due – she put these studies together and I made them pretty.
Meet my sister:
Bonnie Dučić is a veteran homeschooling mom with 9+ years of experience. She has homeschooled all 4 of her bilingual children and loves helping others find joy in raising and schooling their own children. She also enjoys writing music and serving with her Croatian husband in his calling as senior pastor of Church of the Full Gospel in Zagreb, Croatia.
Simple Character Study – Responsibility
My goal with these Simple Character Studies is to provide a curriculum of studies to do with your kids for the whole school year.
Each Character Study includes 4 weeks of daily lessons that include a Bible story, memory verse, character definition, art projects, games, nature studies, books, and other projects that all work together to help your children clearly understand each quality.
In these lessons, they will learn the benefits these character qualities bring to us and others, and the consequences that occur when we do not have these character traits in our lives.
Now, here is the unit study. You can get this unit study in a set of 4-week lesson plans by going here.
Doing what you are supposed to do when expectations are right and accepting the consequences for the result of your actions.
Parable of the Talents: Matthew 5:14-30 (Watch this story on YouTube)
Questions for this story
- Responsibility is doing what you are supposed to when expectations are right. What did the master expect of his servants?
- Do you think the master’s expectation was a good one?
- Did the master ask his servants to do something bad?
- What was wrong about what the 3rd servant did?
- Why do you think the 3rd servant’s money given to the 1st servant? (look to your memory verse for the answer)
- Did the 3rd servant respond correctly to his master?
The story of Zacchaeus: Luke 19:1-10 (Watch this story on YouTube)
- Responsibility is doing what you are supposed to when expectations are right. How did Zacchaeus show responsibility?
- What did Zacchaeus do that was wrong?
- What did he do instead of playing the blame game?
- What did Jesus say to Zacchaeus?
- Why were the people angry that Jesus wanted to visit Zacchaeus’ house?
- Did Jesus forgive Zacchaeus for stealing people’s money? (look to your memory verse for the answer)
The Story of Adam and Eve Genesis 3:12-24 (Watch on YouTube)
- How did Adam and Eve fail to show responsibility?
- Did they admit that they were wrong or did they play the blame game?
- Who did they blame for their sin?
- What did Adam and Eve do?
- Why was it wrong for them to eat the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil?
- What was the consequence for not obeying God’s command?
A Wife for Isaac Genesis 24::1-27 (Watch on YouTube)
- Did the servant feel confident in doing what Abraham told him to do?
- Did the servant complain about how hard it would be to try to find Isaac a wife?
- What did the servant do when he felt confused?
- What did Abraham ask his servant to do?
- Do you think this was an easy chore for the servant? What did Abraham tell the servant not to do? Why?
- How did the servant pray and ask God to help him?
- Did God answer the servant’s
He who is faithful in a very little thing is also faithful in much; and he who is dishonest in a very little thing is also dishonest in much. Luke 16:10
Whoever conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy. Proverbs 28:13
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil. 2 Corinthians 5:10
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men. Colossians 3:23
Using a poster board and craft sticks, make a chore pocket chart. Add pockets for each child to the poster board with the words “Chores” and “Done”. On the craft sticks, write various chores they are responsible for each day. When they’ve completed their chores, they can move the craft stick from their “Chore” pocket to the “Done” pocket.
The Berenstain Bears Blame Game
What If? Talking With Trees (Follow along on YouTube)
The Berenstain Bears Trouble with Pets
But It’s Not My Fault Workshop
Plant a seed – have your child decorate a jar using glitter glue or stickers. Using this video for instruction, plant a seed in a jar and watch it grow.
What If coloring and activity pages
Behavior Reflections Worksheet
The Consequences Game
Learn About Service Dogs
Get a pack of 4 weeks of lesson plans for this unit study now!
Here are more unit studies by me:
Solar System Unit Study for MERLD Kids
Queen Elizabeth One-Day Unit Study – Free Notebooking Pages
Multi-Grade Thanksgiving Unit Study
Valentine’s Day Unit Study for MERLD Boys
The Snowy Day Unit Study for MERLD Kids
Multi-Grade St. Patrick’s Day Unit Study
Multi-Grade Mother’s Day Unit Study
Multi-Grade Level Father’s Day Unit Study
Multi-Grade Independence Day Unit Study
Back to School Unit Study – Multi-Grade
Responsibility Unit Study – With Optional Lesson Plans
Notebooking Pages – Free Downloads – Go Here!
Find More Character Studies Here:
Simple Character Studies – Responsibility
Simple Character Studies – Honesty
Simple Character Studies – Self- Control
Simple Character Studies – Kindness
- 30 Names of Jesus Scripture Writing Challenge - March 23, 2023
- Join Me for a Bible Study about Salvation and Sharing the Gospel - March 22, 2023
- Easter Notebooking Pages – Free Printable - March 21, 2023