I hope you love the products and resources I recommend here at A Little R & R. Just so you know, it is possible that I get a commission and collect income from the links on this page. Click here for more info. I am not a doctor, none of the information on any of these pages pertaining to the Ketogenic Diet or Adrenal Fatigue should be considered medical advice and should not replace the care of your personal physician. I am simply eager to share the information I have learned while on my own journey to health. Before you embark on this journey, please consult with your physician.
I am not a doctor, none of the information on any of these pages pertaining to the Ketogenic Diet or Adrenal Fatigue should be considered medical advice and should not replace the care of your personal physician. I am simply eager to share the information I have learned while on my own journey to health. Before you embark on this journey, please consult with your physician.
Do you get annoyed with the cliché thanksgiving posts on social media?
I don’t know if you’re like me, but I do fight a niggling sense of cynicism when I see those people who’ve complained all year long suddenly posting their daily thanksgiving posts in November.
I have tried so hard to fight against that negativity that teases the edges of my mind, because I feel like I need to give grace.
And yet, I know that a truly thankful heart is a heart ready to mature.
I love Thanksgiving.
I’ll admit that I am a stickler for keeping Thanksgiving in November and Christmas in December, because I love the fact that we prepare our hearts for Christ’s advent by first cultivating it with giving thanks.
Every year I do a Thanksgiving challenge on Facebook where I daily give thanks for the little things — and sometimes the big.
Every year its the same though: my husband, my children, my home, my parents….
This year I want to get radical with my thanks!
I have sat down and listed 5 unusual and challenging prayers that I want to thank God for that will help me dig down deep and find that deeper area of gratitude in a way I’ve never felt.
- My salvation – Have I really stopped lately to remember what God saved me from?
- My trials – Can I really count it all joy?
- My pain – Do I really thank God even for the painful seasons of life and the lessons they teach?
- Me – Can I look in the mirror and truly thank God that He created me the way I am?
- Answered Prayers – Am I fully aware of all of the ways God is answering my prayers – even the ones I haven’t intentionally prayed?
These 5 prayers really caused me to look at my life in a whole new way. 2017 has been a year of trials and pain…and a lot of loss.
And yet, I knew that I needed to give God thanks…even for that, because He has wants to use even the painful times for His glory.
5 Prayers for a Thankful Heart
Let’s go on a journey to cultivate a more thankful heart. It’s easy to thank God for the good things we have.
Our children, our husbands, our beautiful homes and our great careers. It’s a lot harder to truly feel thankful for our trials, our losses, our pain, and the parts about ourselves that we really don’t like.
The parts of us we wish were invisible or that we could change — but can’t.
But a key part of spiritual maturity is learning to give thanks in all things.
We will examine what Scripture has to say about each one and then pray together, giving thanks for these more challenging gifts that God has given us.
Here’s how you can join me on this 5-day journey.
By purchasing this 5 Prayers for a Thankful Heart you will you get the following:
1. Lifetime access to my 5-part video series 5 Prayers for a Thankful Heart
2. Daily worksheets to help you work through these 5 prayers
3. Access to a private Facebook group designed for this study.
4. My 30 Day Prayer Challenge for Thanksgiving to use throughout the month of November
I hope you’ll join me on this 5-day journey to cultivating a heart of deeper and more mature thanks…for everything. This is God’s will.
Resources for Thanksgiving
Printable Resources and Bible Studies:
30 Day Prayer Challenge for Thanksgiving – Coming Nov 11
5 Prayers for a Thankful Heart Bible Study
My Thankful Journal – FREE Printable
10 Bible Verses for Thanksgiving – Free Printable
10 Bible Verses for Thanksgiving – Bookmark – Free Printable! – Coming Nov 16
4 Ways to Cultivate a Thankful Heart When You Don’t Feel Thankful
3 Powerful Steps to Take When You Don’t Feel Thankful
4 Ways to Cultivate Thankfulness in Your Homeschool
The History of the Thanksgiving Story
- 2 Quiet Time with Jesus Worksheets – Free Printables! - February 3, 2023
- 16 Ways Stay-at-Home Moms Can Reach 10k Steps – FREE DOWNLOAD - February 2, 2023
- 10 Bible Verses for When You Feel Like Giving Up – Free Printable - February 1, 2023